mesh is a two-day event that explores how the Web is evolving, the emergence of new and emerging trends, and what’s over the digital horizon. It’s a thinking person’s conference that features challenging, insightful, engaging and provocative speakers and content. We want people to come away from mesh with new ideas, inspiration and tons of food for thought on how they personally and professionally use the Web.
A key part of mesh is that most of our presentations are interactive discussions in which attendees play an active role. We encourage attendees to ask questions and provide insight based on their experiences to complement the expertise of the people on stage.
Another important element of mesh is the networking as we believe the conversations between sessions are as important as the sessions themselves. As a result, we’ve structured mesh with healthy breaks to provide you with the opportunity to catch up with friends, meet new people and discuss what you’ve heard and learned.
If you’re passionate about the Web and the digital landscape, mesh is a great place to immerse yourself in two days of great content, conversations and ideas.
Stay Tuned. We’ll be announcing information shortly.
In the meantime, mark May 15 & 16 in your calendar as the days you will mesh!
105 Princes’ Blvd, Toronto, ON M6K 3C3
Officially opened in October 2009, Allstream Centre is an environmentally friendly meeting venue for mesh. The The Allstream Centre combines history and state-of-the-art technology. Targeted to be Canada’s first LEED Silver (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) conference centre, the Allstream Centre is conveniently located at Exhibition Place. Best news…the venue has free Wi-Fi!
There’s lots to do in Toronto. You can start at seetorontonow.com, blogto.com and Toronto.com, or visit Ticketmaster. You can also check out Now, Eye Weekly and Toronto Life to find out what else is going on while you’re here, or just leave a comment on the blog and information will magically find its way to you. If you’re looking for a place to stay, Expedia has info on some great hotels close to downtown.
In advance of mesh13
- Register in advance. History has shown we sell out at mesh events. We anticipate the same is true this year.
- Plan to stay for socials. The networking is a big part of the experience. We will be announcing these details shortly. Best bet is to save the dates for the evenings of May 14-16. We’ll have great opportunities to mesh, network and socialize.
- Keep visiting the Web site. We’ll be adding info right up to the event. Follow @meshconference on twitter or the stream at #mesh13. Subscribe to our RSS feed and get email updates via Feedblitz orfeedburner to stay up-to-date. You can also add yourself to our Newsletter list so that you’ll get the latest and greatest on mesh13.
- Be sure to pack your laptop, camera, audio recorder and/or camcorder. We’ll have lots of Wi-Fi at the conference. Don’t forget your power adapters because we’ll have charging stations. You can record, photograph and film to your heart’s content. But it’s up to you to get the permission of anyone you you want to photograph, record or film. Unfortunately, everything that happens in Toronto does not stay in Toronto.
- Bring your business cards and prepare to meet lots of fantastic people. This event offers lots of great content in the session rooms. However, outside the session rooms in what we are calling the Village, you can connect with really talented folks…you’ll share ideas…and you’ll get inspired.
- Be prepared to talk. This event is as much about your thoughts and ideas as it is about what is said from the stage. We really want to hear from you.